• edited April 2015
    Frankentrant has more offerings
    Asleep again in Cebarkul
    I don't know if I ever found Niyuta, but it's very glowy pretty
    I'm curious about the purple mountains in the distance, also, purple
    Also about the platformy mountains in the distance here in Tunglio Bru
  • edited April 2015
    Is that a a wood tree in Nottis? Or a dead "other"

• Yeah I think that's an expired bubble.
  • I think I might lobe you.......
  • All of these pictures are making me so nostaglic. It looks great. :)
  • Eagerly looking toward the future...
  • Is the alpha testing dead after the issues?
  • Nope! Still poppin! I can't think of anything to take screenshots of though!
  • Volcano Villa
    Waking up in Volcano Villa is... surprisingly nice.
  • After the day I just had? I'll need it. *giggle*
    Wine Mom

• edited May 2015
    Thought I'd pop on and just post a few comments since things have been a bit slow. I continue to muse over the herculean effort by these volunteer devs to bring back a game we all know and loved. And I continue to be amazed at their progress thus far and their continued dedication even though they've been dealt a pretty challenging complication as per their posts.

I am always amazed that often the game allows me to play long enough to get the red warning that I've been playing too long - there have been times when we'd get kicked out regularly every few minutes. And when I get the note that the devs have posted to the login screen that there are "server errors detected", I feel like I'm looking at the Game's Closed sign from Glitch all over again. And yes, I tend to hit refresh (F5) repeatedly, even though I know that's not going to get me in game any faster. Sound like familiar behavior?

So my musings about Alpha testing doesn't really involve any of the testing part...it's more about being grateful to have the second chance (which at some point we all will have in the future as the devs scramble to get more people in game), of exploring parts of Ur that I didn't explore fully while Glitch was open. Funny, I thought I had seen it all...I mean, after all I was a former late Alpha/Beta player of Glitch.

But, honestly, I'd not explored every street in Glitch and still haven't yet in Eleven, I continue to be thrilled with new finds. There are some really cool places to see (especially since we don't have home streets yet, we kind of have to stay in Ur right now). I had no idea there was a snow/ice fort (super cool) in the Nottis/Drifta region (and a street named for Candy Canes - though oddly only has one Candy Cane on it). I forgot there were dust traps in some of the Vortex of Random streets (but I was reminded today as a I played a game created by one of the alpha testers). I am reminded that I need to get out and explore more during this phase, even if our streets completions aren't currently logged for leaderboards and achievements.

I was reminded how cool the community is as a whole, when one Alpha player spent so much time to make up a game for some of us to play knowing that at any time, our test world could be reset...wow, amazing. This community is so giving of themselves. We look forward to more players being allowed in. We look forward to more playmates. We look forward to more unique experiences when all are home.
  • The devs are still working hard! The funny faces battle between the glitchen and the juju's continue on!!

• and they are back :)

• This makes me so happy.
  • It makes me happysad. Happy to see that Ur is being patched back together, sad that we don't all get to join in yet.
  • Love seeing all these images. I only played Glitch for a few wonderful weeks before the tragic announcement came, but I was there at the end and wept for the loss. I yearn for the Glitch-shaped hole in my life to be filled once more. Keep up the amazing work guys... x
  • Three years of time has not been wasted, by any means, and a question. Is cebarkul still the huge hangout spot?
  • Or is it the groddle forest junction?
  • That was getting petty big near the end.
  • I've noticed that since we're just testing at the moment we tend to just run amuck and visit the streets. Gregarious Grange is kinda where we have the best chance of running into someone. A button on our tester tool takes us there so it would make sense. Near the end though I still think a ton of people were into cebarkul. No one could resist the charm of those owls :)
  • edited May 2015
    I was actually prone to avoid Cebarkul, actually. I didn't like the massive amount of people; I much preferred meeting other Glitchen in places where I wasn't guaranteed a meeting with them.
  • Know what you mean @Seeen...I was the same way. I was so disappointed that Cebarkul was a camp out spot at times since all those people would sometimes crash my game, and it was one of only two tool vendors in game - though I did appreciate some of the performance art that I'd see there - like the batmen or angels that would appear in the sky at times. I also avoided the locations for the Zilloween candy parties for the same reason.

However, I have to admit, the game at times is super lonely without more people due to the stability. Was quite delightful since I saw one of the new Alphateers in Gregarious Grange tonight and we had a nice long chat. I look forward to when we are grumbling about too crowded spots in game again. :)
  • I miss Zilloween. I had lots of Cocktail Shaking skill, but not enough cooking ability to make birch candies. So I passed out pumpkin ale when Zilloween came around. Something about that was fun.
  • @Seeen i avoided those spots too, mostly because i was shy around those kinds of crowds that were so obviously filled with groups of friends i wasnt a part of. i hadnt had enough time to form my own glitch clique to party with!

but i did quite like meeting strangers on the streets. theres no pressure in those random moments of interaction. pass along a Hi sign, maybe throw them some spare items you have no use for, maybe they return the favor... good times
  • I would sometimes pop into the Hot Zilloween locations just to get some badges. Somewhat Sump was a big place for candy exchange. But once I got the badges, I often avoided the locations. I also would play a game to see if I could make a bunch of candy and see how long it would take for me to lose it all by handing it out. I did notice some folks wouldn't return the gifting, not sure if they were intimidated or just didn't have much to give out. So, eventually, I'd run out...and that was my cue to call it quits. Once that happened, I'd just avoid the area because my system would often lock up or crash with the volume of people - easier to do the experiment when it was either super late or super early east coast time since there were less people online then.
  • Some (like me) were ignorant about giving stuff out. I had to ask how to do it. But I always appreciated the gifts. :)
  • I forgot how overwhelming these Kloro locations can be

Loving this peaceful starry sky:
  • @Scarlett Bearsdale - what is the location in the second picture? I don't remember that location in Ur, and would love to visit.
  • edited May 2015
    Thought I'd post some fun one of our dear devs had in game recently...

I got the loading screen for Estevan Hummock and thought, what the heck is going on?!

When I got transferred to the street, I saw a note from our dear dev @ladyceres that said the whistle didn't work yet, but to enjoy the fireflies and the floating whistle... I love happy surprises like these from the folks rebuilding this game!

Couldn't resist taking a snap and sharing with all you good people...
  • Since I sometimes get lazy in posting pictures, here's a couple more...

Confirming that buzzed snapshottery is still blurry snapshottery...lol...

And have you wondered what happened to that gnome in the hole? He's still there in Jiireesh Risen, waiting for you to visit him...