Favorite part of Ur

We all know that the best part of Glitch was the community. We made amazing friends and saw a glimps of how our world could be if everyone could live in love the way we did while in Ur. My question is, what wa your favorite part of Ur? How did you leave your mark in this community?

I had a great group of friends that I would mine with all day some days in Timtim Timm. I loved that I was able to help others simply because I always had an abundance in chunks of sparkly and gems to sell simply because that was where we hung out.

I did use a lot of that to buy cubimals, philosopher dolls, yetis, etc. that I probably would have enjoyed more if I helped others with it. I plan on doing a lot more helping and a lot less collecting this time around.

Comments

• It's really hard to narrow down a favorite for me. I loved gardening and cooking and mining (especially Ilmenskie Deeps). I loved wandering the landscape, and I loved spending time with friends somewhere. Or leaving them gifts at home.. like leaving cherries ALL OVER @Sirentist's house. Or joining the "Where's Bruce?" and other contests. I also adored cubimals and other little toys.

And decorating! Decorating the tower, the house, whatever I could! I changed outfits every week or two or three. It was rare I went more than three weeks without mixing up a new outfit. Glitch was the only game where I didn't just pick a couple of outfits that I'd switch every year or two.

I've always been one to do whatever struck my fancy at the moment, so I'll probably keep doing that, but I want to do so much more of everything I can, and maybe try to be more social with people I don't know so well and get over that anxiety.
  • I appreciated that if I got tired of mining, or resource collecting, I could craft things, garden, cook, travel to far away lands, climb, jump, swim or just be silly with my friends. I did discover towards the end of the game, that I really kind of like making furniture, and I especially loved making SDB's for my friends.
  • edited January 2018
    I think that's one of the best things about the game, too, @"Mer Maid"! There were just so many different things I could do, so if I wasn't in the mood for one thing, there was always something else.
  • You mentioned the community, and that's exactly what I miss the most. It was a marvelous experiment in kindness and generosity, and it genuinely made me a better person in real life.
  • I liked that I could be a part of the community without being stressed or pressured to talk x amount, or do x amount of things like in other games. I have severe anxiety issues and being able to just -be- was the best.

One of my best memories was standing outside a spot where a lot of Glitchens were mining and handing out food I had just made while standing there. Everyone sat and ate the game food, then got real snacks and sat and had a nice chat about what they did in game that day. I didn't say much, but since I got it started and was able to just hang out anyhow, I still felt included. :)
  • @TheShafferMom That is awesome! That's exactly the spirit of Glitch I loved!
  • the wardrobe!!! i almost spent as much time in wardrobe as in my house. choosing my outfit for the day made me so very happy that i have hundreds of pictures of me in every conceivable combination except for shoes. i could not give up my b&w converse or cowgirl boots. one time i even won best outfit and was on the same page as stoot! my next fav thing was playing with incredible glitchen/glitches! happy go lucky days filled with adventure, gifting, collecting, discovering, leaving notes, sending letters, hiding, mining, secret rooms, fashion shows, naked conga lines! @tryxchange yes, it made me a better person too. fingers crossed, here's to seeing you in ur Soon!
  • Good grief - so many things. But honestly, all these years later the most memorable thing was futzing around in a zone and hearing the Rube's music start to play. The mad scramble to find the Rube was always entertaining.
  • I really miss cubimal races, mining, and watching my sister build a laboratory and gather various ingredients and herbs!
  • Another thing I appreciated about the game was that it was inclusive. I know of several people who were physically challenged, who were able to do things like run, jump and climb that they weren't able to do in real life.
  • I played Glitch when it was new. Towards the end, they added a huge update where you didn't have to walk across the map to get to your house, you can brush foxes and I think they even added combat of some-sort. At the time of that update I was working and going to college so I couldn't really do much.

Before that update I enjoyed just playing the game. Any other game "grinding" is tedious but loading instances to find certain rock clusters, harvesting bubbles and doing other stuff was entertaining. It was very casual. Just log on, collect some stuff, chat for a bit, log off. When I logged on one day my 50,000$ house in the savanna was gone, I understand from an efficiency perspective that was a good decision, but what I liked about glitch was that there were houses scattered all over the place, with different scenery to suit different people. Taking that away ruined part of the game in my eyes. After getting over the loss of my beautiful house for some small empty generic thing, I decided to log on and explore all the other content that was added, but the servers were dead at that point.

I know this thread is "what you enjoyed about it". Sorry, lol, I've ruined it. Again, I enjoyed the game as a whole. The goofy characters & customizing, the kinda sci-fi creativity (harvesting bubble trees, etc) was very original and made the game worth exploring. I certainly look forward to replaying it because there's a lot I don't remember and more I haven't even done.