Happy Glitch Day!

Hey! It's 11/11! Hey! That's Glitch Day! What do you mean nobody ever made that an official thing? Or did they, maybe? I don't know, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, 11/11 is Glitch Day, and you can't convince me otherwise.

How are all of you? Let's celebrate Glitch Day.

Comments

• Whoo, holiday. And it was such a beautiful day today, too - how fitting :D
  • edited November 2015
    It is already a real holiday. It is Veterans Day in the US and Remembrance Day/Armistice Day in the UK, Canada, Australia, parts of Europe and a number of other nations.

Frankly, making it a "Glitch" holiday probably would be a bit tacky given the real significance of these existing holidays.
  • Maybe 1/1 could be Glitch Day, then?

Wait, no, New Years. Uh... 1/11?

Also, wow, someone convinced me otherwise. That was fast.
  • The other option would be to fully celebrate the 11th of Eleventy (which is the 11 month) on the Glitch calendar. It currently is the holiday of "Recurse Eve", but it could be more Glitchified...

Since it's on the Glitch calendar, it wouldn't be set to just one date on the RL calendar...and you'd get to celebrate multiple times in a RL year.
  • It is possible to celebrate multiple things without one taking away from the other. Unless you magically found a date on the calendar that wasn't important to one culture or another, you'd essentially be saying "we value those cultures more than this one." @b3achy you made a good suggestion about celebrating the Glitch calendar, but I think it's important to remember that adding fun and joy into a day doesn't mean it can't also be special for other reasons. \o/