Guess the street!

edited August 2015 in General
I saw this idea @smallchalet had on the chronicles thread and thought it was brilliant! It's a guessing thread where there's a picture of a street without the name or any sort of clue but the terrain to guess where it is. I thought it was a cool idea so I figured I'd get the ball rolling! Try and guess! I'll give out a hint if it gets too difficult! If this idea flops then we can just ignore this thread was ever created ._.

You can use the Glitch encyclopedia and snaps page to help! Links will open a new tab!

Comments

• Fun idea! Is it Quluuwaa Luwa in Pollokoo? The street sign was a help in narrowing down locations.
  • It is indeed my dear! 10 points to Axa!! I promise I'll find a better way to hide all the things! Next picture is one from a familiar land! :)

• edited August 2015
    Ilmenskie in Uralia? (Great idea, btw)
  • edited August 2015
    Correct! 10 point to Gallium!! I love the little owl's and figured they'd be easily recognized. I found a better way to take screenshots! Woo!! Take a guess :)

I'm not good at picking street... hehe... feel free to message me with streets!
  • One of my favorites! Baby Steppes!
  • i am gonna go with Baby Steppes too!
  • I choose Adolescent Stomppes!
  • Correct! 10 points to you all!! Next one is probably a bit easier but I saw it in old snaps and figured it would make a great place to snap!!

• edited August 2015
    @Artemis, glad you started this up! @Smallchalet had the idea in the Alpha Chronicles thread, but know she didn't have time to pursue a separate thread to do a full blown game, and I have some other things going on too, so I'm super glad you picked up the banner to do this, since it's great for future player involvement! :)

Love the first picture, and never noticed the scary face behind the sign before. Good capture. I also love all the places in the game with the log bridges! Thanks again for starting this thread. If I have some pictures, I'll message them to you for you to include as the game progresses. BTW, I don't think anyone ever guessed the location of the one in the Alpha Chronicles thread (so, I bet you could use that one again too).
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you @B3achy !! I've been stocking up some photo's for a while but I'll be more then happy to have whatever pictures you have!! I'm going to scroll through the chronicles thread later today to find some shots!! Thanks again!
  • edited August 2015
    @#1 - that is one of the streets I passed through a lot, so I recognized it INSTANTLY! http://www.glitchthegame.com/snaps/PHFA1DO113D27OI/13537-ac8fa1c59a/

@the current pic: I believe it is Deodak Nabak in Fenneq, but this one was haaaaard! I tried to restrict myself to the resources currently available to everyone. Fun!!
  • Correct Scarlett!! I actually was searching through the snaps through glitch and found your picture of the first street :) The next one is somewhere in Kloro.... I always admired the vast space that just randomly was there

• Mussirio Flero?
  • I think Gallium is right--looks like Mussirio Flero.
  • edited August 2015
    Correct! Sorry, I was away from the computer for a while today! I'll have the next picture up in just a second. I'm running to the location in game right now!

Got it! Give it a shot :) It's in the Muufo/Bortola/Tamila area!

• I couldn't recall now.....I used have all the streets memorized, etc. I miss Glitch so fucking much...
  • edited August 2015
    Oh Oh I know this one too! It's Lampaan Avert in Bortola!
    I remember because this was the location for my scene in @tis's famous Dead of Ur. That was a lot of fun to "shoot". I also recently passed through here after our last reset on my way to Pollokoo so finding the exact street was a little faster than it might have been otherwise.
  • edited August 2015
    It is infact Lampaan Avert!! The next one is close by for anyone looking at the Encyclopedia!!

*Quickly runs to grab more screenshots as I forgot to do it this morning because im super lazy*
  • How did I not get Deodak Nabak? One of my earliest snaps was taken there!

• Oooh, Unnu Slight! I remember the first time I noticed the shape of that hill I was climbing. How I managed to miss the obvious for so long is a mystery to me--distracted by talking trees and butterflies, I guess. ;>)
  • Correct! Next one is also very close by :)

• edited August 2015
    Maale Bads in Tamila.

The only reason I knew is because I spent a few hours today looking through snaps and taking note of their locations.
  • Oooo am I allowed to guess? I think I know....
  • I think you must be!
  • Is it Badvi Bist in Kalavana?
  • edited August 2015
    dingdingdingding!!

One more:
    these must be the most sacred quoins in all of Ur
  • Is this the street I think it is? :D
  • Is it Nana Null?