What books/Tv shows do you like?

edited February 2015 in Off Topic
I'm a touch of a history nerd so one of my favorite books is killing Kenedy/Lincoln and the students guide to cognitive neuroscience. Also, harry potter as I'm part of the harry potter generation (RAVENCLAW!!)

As for T.V. Shows I enjoy Doctor who, sherlock, once upon a time, scandal (I ship olake), Merlin, Brain games, and arrow (HOW ABOUT THAT EPISODE TONIGHT?!?). Whats yours? I'm curiouse to see the similarities and individualities in the community!

Comments

• I am a fan of 'Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha' and 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'. (I found out about these shows at TV Tropes.)
  • edited February 2015
    For television, my favorites are anything and everything comic book related (Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Strain, and yes, I even watch Constantine). I also love Better Call Saul, My Mad Fat Diary, Doctor Who, Sherlock, The Leftovers, Archer, The Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Parks and Rec, and American Horror Story, though I probably won't watch if Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson cease to be involved.

Don't even get me started on faves that aren't on anymore, lol.

For books, it's kind of easier to start out with a list of my favorite authors: Neil Gaiman, Tad Williams, China Mieville, Stephen King, JK Rowling, Judith Tarr, Mary Stewart, Stewart O'Nan, George Orwell, Suzanne Collins, Anne McCaffrey. My favorite form of stories is short, so I have a lot of short story anthologies too, my favorite being the World Treasury of Science Fiction edited by David G Hartwell. It starts out with 'Harrison Bergeron' by Vonnegut and takes off from there.

As you can see, I read for entertainment, mostly sci fi and fantasy fluff. I do have some books on my shelves about speech and hearing, languages, color theory, and music history too, but it's mostly fluff.
  • ohh my god... everything. i'll just read off my netflix list, even though i love waay more than just this:
    how i met your mother, mean girls, sherlock, glee, once upon a time, arrested development, malcolm in the middle, the x files, star trek: tng, doctor who, the addams family, bones, new girl, bob's burgers, red versus blue, pretty little liars, rwby, psych, futurama, and agents of shield
    xD and thats only what i watch on netflix. i also like steven universe, and a few others i can't remember.
  • Sherlock, Vikings ( this one is awesome), Rome :D As for books, I'm in love with fantasy and science fiction, so my list of faves goes like this:
    - Dune
    - The Witcher saga
    -Watchmen ( best comic ever written)
    -Harry Potter, even though I am an adult I can still say that
    -Lord of The Rings trilogy + Silmarillion
    -Perfume : Story of a murderer - a good and fascinating read
    -Ender's Game
  • Any chance I get, I HAVE to throw in my big love for Parks and Recreation. First season is pretty weak, but after that it really takes off into the most hilarious and wonderful show I've seen in years. Also Archer, Bob's Burgers, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Arrested Development, Firefly etc...basically off-beat, somewhat wacky comedies and sci-fi are my favorites.

I have a weird relationship with reading at the moment. I used to love it, and then I did a Master's degree which killed more braincells than I care to admit, and my love of reading went with it. I am sloooooowly learning to enjoy it again, starting off with childhood favorites like The Secret Garden and the Chronicles of Prydain. I'm currently reading my way through the Hitchhiker's Guide books. I may attempt something new soon...it's really too soon to tell. Also Eleven chomps up a lot of my time lately, so I don't even have much time for reading, except before bed.